Tech Graphics

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Tech Graphics

Post by Mobiethian »

As some of you are already aware, I've made some generous graphical contributions here in the past for amazing mods such as BotB and Atroxian Realm.

While I am getting caught up with backlog that I've missed throughout the years of my absence, I'm seeing some great ideas from you guys! Having said that, I'd like to offer to help make some brand-new technical/computer-like graphics for anyone in need of them in mods, fangames, etc. They're very easy for me to create having many years of pixel art experience and knowing Keen game styles, etc. I've had a lot of fun helping you guys out in the past.

Request away! I prefer to draw computer and machine designs, and I can whip up some really nifty backgrounds as well if any of you need those too.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

I'll need some. :)
Yeah, piece of cake!
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

What mod(s) are you working on right now? I'm sure I can come up with something for them.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

I'm working on a Keen 5 mod.

Mainly planet graphics and machine-computer, etc. things.
Yeah, piece of cake!
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

I can handle the computer stuff I'm sure. I'm actually coming up with some really interesting designs already. lol
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Nice job. Can you make the planet graphics along with the computer graphics then? :D
Yeah, piece of cake!
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

Thanks. Well I'm only doing tech/computer graphics right now. That's pretty much all I like to draw. But I can try to see what planet graphics I can come up with though.

Are you wanting world map designs for planet stuff? Or just level graphics such as trees and plant life? I can only do my best. ha
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Worldmap (planet) graphic, in-level machine tiles.
Yeah, piece of cake!
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

World map tiles are no biggie. I can start playing around with some designs to see what I can do for you in that aspect. I'll probably be sending you a PM at some point later and we can discuss everything further.

In the mean time, if anyone else needs anything as I described, feel free to ask. I don't bite. lol
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Alright, man.
Yeah, piece of cake!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

If you have any computer junk to dump I'm just filling out Mortimer's good lair for a Keen day project. Nothing with effort in it, just anything random would be nice. Feel no need to supply.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
{DARKDUNE}
Vortininja

Post by {DARKDUNE} »

I need some tiles for the interior of a high-tech spaceship (platforms, one background type, some nifty stuff) and some ancient-looking metal platforms for the boss chamber. Additionally, I need some tiles for said spaceship as lvl entrance
These would be for a 4-lvl keen 6 mod
Netkeen TUIT coming up
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

I made a note of all requests/replies. I can actually handle those, so when I've completed enough and can be sure there's plenty of variety, I'll send them to y'all.

I'll be sending PMs to you guys when I'm finished. Everything that I'll be sending will of course be different than the other request(s). In other words, nobody will be getting the same stuff as others.

I'm much more flexible with free time these days, it would please me most to be able to lend a hand again.
T-Squared
Vortininja

Post by T-Squared »

Same here. I am not good at designing original environments. I need some tech designs for episode 2 of my mod. (mostly small podiums, wires, and eye candy for the levels)
Cosmo II: HUMANIZED!!! Progress:
Graphics: 15% Complete
Story: 100% Complete
Music: 5% Complete
Programming Modifications: 5% Complete (FINALLY! SOME PROGRESS!)

http://www.tsqproductions.com
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

Not a problem! I made a note of your request. At any rate, I already started sending some of what I've done so far to those needing help. This weekend (or by the end of it) I should have quite a bit more done and will be sending y'all something. It's my pleasure.