Go Keen, Go! series

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Go Keen, Go! series

Post by Quillax »

Since I promised to make a topic about my mod, I am creating one now. But this isn't about a mod, it's about the series, "Go Keen, Go!" I know this might turn out very big or something, but I don't want to create an army of separate topics of the series.

Copying this from the news post:
Quinton Land wrote:As today is the first day of 2015 Spring, I decided to show you some information about my mod. First of all, it's part of the brand new "Go Keen, Go!" series, and guess what's the main characteristic? It's a parody of the 80s TV show, Inspector Gadget! Why parody a TV show? Because back at 2011, when I was a beginner at modding, I created a series that parodies Inspector Gadget. There were only 19 finished mods (most of which, aren't good), and I didn't make any more mods of the series. Until 2013, I revived the series but only two mod were finished. But today at 2015, I am re-reviving the series and I am working on the first of the series. I'll show you a preview picture, as I haven't gotten too far on the mod.
Fun Fact: The series is simply named as "Commander Keen" when it started, then it's named as "Keen's Adventure" at it's revival, and at today it's "Go Keen, Go!"!
What do you think of this? I'll promise that I won't let this die, and how many mods I'll make until I end the series is unknown.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

That are some big promises! All I can say is that I like the screenshot and the tileset.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Robust!
(I especially like the title, being a Los Angeles Kings fan. GKG!)
How many mods in this series? Perhaps another trilogy? Surely not 19!
Didn't watch Inspector Gadget, but the theme song was well-known. We watched a ton of Get Smart though, not that they're particularly similar, as far as I can tell.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

The original series has 19 mods in the series (but most of them are made in like one day, and they are not very good), the revival has only has two mods, and the re-revival only has one that is currently in progress. I thought of having 21 mods in the series though, but that seems a little too much.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

So is Pokey Minch involved in this, as promised? :dopekeen
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:So is Pokey Minch involved in this, as promised? :dopekeen
I'm sorry, but I broke the promise. I did make the Earthbound crossover mod, but it got scrapped because of a few reason. One, there is game-breaking bug that I cannot fix, two, I almost don't know anything about Earthbound :dead, and three, I don't feel very motivated by the mod.

I'm sorry if I damaged your feelings, I just can't feel like that I would finish a Earthbound crossever mod. :o
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

What's the bug? I'll help finish it. Image
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

NINETEEN?!
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Sorry for the bump, but I made some progress on my mod. Thanks to Levellass, a feature is added.

Like in the OP, I'm copying this from the Quinton Land News post:
Quinton Land wrote:Progress on the first episode of "Go Keen, Go!" has been a bit slow, but I added a feature that you guys might like. Guess what it is? It's those doors from the "Goodbye Galaxy" and "Aliens Ate My Babysitter"! Thanks to Levellass, Commander Keen can enter doors, back and forth. It just works like the games that I mentioed earlier , well, expect that it's a little sudden rather than taking a second, but I'm still happy with the result! Here's a picture of how these doors work (and you'll also get to see the inside and outside designs of the houses).

By the way, have you noticed that the colors have been changed? If so, I hope you liked them!
The last sentence is referring to my website, in case if you are wondering.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Ooooh, that's very nice indeed. I seem to remember a Vorticon mod doing something like this before (in-level teleportation). What episode of Keen are you using, if I may ask?
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

troublesomekeen wrote:Ooooh, that's very nice indeed. I seem to remember a Vorticon mod doing something like this before (in-level teleportation). What episode of Keen are you using, if I may ask?
This episode of GKG is a mod of Keen1.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Oh, I forgot to fix the bug. Sorry about that :o

Anyway, where's Gadget? How did someone your age get exposed to Keen and Inspector Gadget in the first place?
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

TSK, are you thinking of KeenRush's mystery mod which played with gravity too?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Trying to find it, but having no luck. Can't be sure which episode or who the author is. It reminded me of Oasiz's Mod. It had waterfalls of some kind... made of sand? No. Argh. I'll find it eventually.

Which one is KR Mystery mod? Fastest Gun?
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Oh, I forgot to fix the bug. Sorry about that :o

Anyway, where's Gadget? How did someone your age get exposed to Keen and Inspector Gadget in the first place?
Huh, didn't think of inserting Gadget into it, as it's a parody, not a crossover. The series parodies Inspector Gadget by using plot elements from the original episodes (with some twists), but if it bugs you too much, I guess I'll put him in somewhere.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I decided to create the map.
Quinton Land wrote:Progress on the first episode of "Go Keen, Go!" is still slow, as I've been playing a whole lot of JumpJet Rex on Steam, spriting Super Mario baddies, and reviewing MFGG games. But I started making the world map! The house that is in the left of the Bean-with-Bacon Megarocket is Keen's cabin (a small hint of the story), while the other houses belong to the Vorticons (yes, I'm aware that the Vorticons live in Vorticon VI, there is a reason why these Vorticons are going to a different planet). The world map is incomplete, but I'll show you a picture of how it looks right now.
Last edited by Quillax on Thu Nov 10, 2016 21:39, edited 1 time in total.