Go Keen, Go! series

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Cool! A snow mod.

The first episode of inspector gadget was about Dr. Claw driving inside a Lochness monster robot to scare away people for no reason, is this mod a parody of that?

Also, the one where he almost got killed by a minotaur was pretty cool.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Cool! A snow mod.

The first episode of inspector gadget was about Dr. Claw driving inside a Lochness monster robot to scare away people for no reason, is this mod a parody of that?

Also, the one where he almost got killed by a minotaur was pretty cool.
No. This mod is a parody of the pilot episode, where one of Dr. Claw's agents replaced the torch bearer, and the torch got replaced by a bomb. Though, that Lochness monster thing will be parodied at the second episode (hopefully, I just got to get the first episode finished).
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Woah, "pilot" and episode 1 are two different episodes, and he's perceptive enough to know Brain's stalking him! :eek
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Sorry to bump the topic, but I have some important news:
Quinton Land wrote:Progress on the first episode of "Go Keen, Go!" has been even more slower, and that's probably because I have so much things to work on. Yep, besides working on current-working Commander Keen mod, I'm also working on my entry for MFGG's second Super Competition (the deadline is about less than a week away, so I'll have to work on my entry a lot!), and making sprites for my fangames. Though, when I get my entry done, I should have a little more time to work on my Commander Keen mod. However, there is one I want to say. I'll be keeping things to myself more, which means I'll show news about my mod less. Why? Because the more I keep things to myself, the more movitated I would be to work on my stuff. If you want any proof, then look at Commander Keen & the Morticore. I've only shown a single screenshot of that mod, yet, I got it done in two months! Now let's compare it to my current-working mod. I have shown a lot of screenshots, the mod was started a few months ago, and not even a quarter of the mod is done. Sorry if this has dissapointed you, but it's the right thing to do, in my opinion (though, if you have any tips on movitation, then feel free to share them with me).
Yep, once I get more motivated, I'll keep things to myself more.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I think you've fallen for an evidence-by-example fallacy there.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

I kinda feel that way, too. A large part of the motivation seems to be lost when the project is revealed.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

troublesomekeen wrote:I kinda feel that way, too. A large part of the motivation seems to be lost when the project is revealed.
Heh, I stopped drawing a comic when I announced it on facebook with a sample, maybe there's truth to that. It needs to be tested with a stronger hypothesis than "info is revealed, therefore the author loses motivation."

Oh, I can test this! I'm gonna go announce some more unfinished mods now...
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I can definitely attest to that. :) The more I keep a mod secret the better it progresses.
...if it progresses at all. :o

By the way, I really like the Keen sprite and tiles in these screens! Tidy and neat, very old-school. Thumbs up.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

In the subject of progress and stuff, I chanced upon this thingamajig:
http://sivers.org/zipit
A kind of article, I suppose. It's a real thing, I guess. :dopekeen
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!