Atroxian Realm

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

Gridlock wrote:I've started uploading a few parts of the soundtrack to Youtube. Most of this is stuff you've heard from the demos, but I also included the help screen theme as a bonus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiUwZfR ... ridlock314

I'll never make promises in case something goes wrong, but I think a release could be very close. Just one more bug to iron out before beta testing starts, and then all that remains is several story images.
Atroxian Adiago sort of sounds like it was inspired by "Traffic Department 2192"
and Larvae Lagoon reminds me very much of "Nightmare 3D".

I Like the theme.
The Difference Between a Mod and Fan art?, a Fan art is a Concept and a Mod is that Concept put into life.
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

Oh wow, I've never heard those themes before, but those are some really nice tracks. I can definitely see a bit of resemblance. I am rather curious about the music format on Traffic Department 2192. It sounds a lot like IMF, but the game wasn't developed by ID as far as I can see.

Anyway, I might be looking for another beta tester. All I need is for another person or two to play through the contents of the game looking for bugs and other problems that may still need fixing.
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086
joe-ilya
Vortininja

Post by joe-ilya »

Gridlock wrote: While you wait, I thought I'd give you a little music preview of the help screen music (this is a .midi, so it'll sound different in the game because it'll be converted to the .imf format). This is a piece that I composed, mixing together various themes Gamebird wrote for the game.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/221 ... Screen.mid
Can I use the midi in a doom level? It fits real well.
Me and omer made a rainbow dash HUD for doom, for our mistake most of the doomers are anti-bronies. Image
{DARKDUNE}
Vortininja

Post by {DARKDUNE} »

I would like to be a ß-tester, although I would only have like two hours per day to ß test,
so I wouldn't be able to find bugs and inconveniences quickly.
If u want me as a beta tester, send the ß files to mauritsvanuffelen@gmx.de please.
Also I could help you with some music if it isn't done yet
:dopefish
Netkeen TUIT coming up
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

I think I may just forego further beta testing and proceed with a release very soon. I did my own playthrough to fix a few minor bugs, but I think the state of the game is pretty good at this point. A few levels are a little overlong, and balancing ammo and lives (especially with checkpoints) has been a little problematic, but I don't see any easy fixes to these problems in the short term. Really, once the last story images are done, I'll probably just proceed with a release. That will likely be within the next few days.

Oh, and I added another track to the soundtrack playlist (Emerald Canyon, from a demo video a few months back). I've uploaded the whole soundtrack to YouTube, so I'll publish that soon after release. It has a total of 35 tracks clocking in at a little over an hour. At some point I do plan on a full soundtrack release with MIDIS and even a few MP3s that Gamebird left.

Link to Emerald Canyon: https://youtu.be/115QvJLY0-Q?list=PLLNg ... MdKZHDfH-s
Can I use the midi in a doom level? It fits real well.
Sure. I just ask that you credit me (since I composed that track) and possibly Atroxian Realm somewhere.

Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

A few days? Oh wow. I can't believe this is finally happening. Cool!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

I was listening to Emerald Canyon on repeat the other day. Neat af soundtrack. This is, in every way, set to be one of the greatest Keen games ever released.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

Guess what...

It's HERE!

I've just released v1.0 in the release forum. Enjoy here: https://pckf.rigeltechnical.com/viewtopic.php?t=3536

Additionally, you can view the release trailer here: https://youtu.be/SMTInfb5C-M

If you don't want to see any more of the game, you should probably wait until later to watch the trailer (but please do, I worked hard on it).

The full soundtrack to the game (all 35 tracks) is also available here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... MdKZHDfH-s

At some point, I do plan on doing some extra releases for the game, including a collection of soundtrack files as well as plenty of extras from development. Maybe I'll put some of that stuff together around Keen Day. Stay tuned.

GameBird
Vortininja

Post by GameBird »

OMGGGGGGGGG

:D :D :D

YESSSSSSS
Right here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX6YbNIvUFg
Soundtrack Composer for:
-- Botfloria is Out of Flowers! -- The Atroxian Realm --
-- Mystery of Isis II
Monstertomete
Grunt

Re: Atroxian Realm

Post by Monstertomete »

This is surely one of the best mods ever created. Can't wait for the sequel...
Purity
Meep

Post by Purity »

Good morning,

this really is an impressive mod - in fact it brought me back to play some more commander keen again. I'm sorry to bring back the "commander genius" topic but due to the fact that I plan to play this (and some other mods) on a device without dosbox (or at least where I want to avoid using dosbox), I have to ask again, if there is still no chance to see a version which is compatible to commander genius some time in the future?

Keep up the great work and thanks
Purity
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

Thanks! Currently, I have no plans to release a port for Commander Genius. I haven't spoken with gerstrong about doing it, though I imagine it would require a substantial amount of work. While I won't say that it'll never happen, it's not something I have time to look into right now.

Another solution might be a web browser port, as discussed in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4025.

I don't understand this process too well, but it could be a better solution. Currently, though, I haven't had time to look into this, let alone get a version 1.1 out. I might take another look at this in a month or so when I'm less busy.

Purity
Meep

Post by Purity »

thanks for the link and reply. Doesn't sound as negative as I initialy expected.