The 25th Anniversary of Commander Keen is Coming!

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
Lunick
Vortininja

Post by Lunick »

Flaose wrote:I've just pulled an all-nighter putting together a Commander Keen 25th Anniversary video. Check it out and let me know what you think :) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4bkptxpu_I
Great video! :birthday
Lunick is Here
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Thanks for the videos!
Keening_Product wrote:wiivn, how about this? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 424&type=3 You would have to be friends with Tom Hall on Facebook to see it.
Ah, I see. Only friends with Tom can see that then.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

wiivn wrote:Thanks for the videos!
Keening_Product wrote:wiivn, how about this? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 424&type=3 You would have to be friends with Tom Hall on Facebook to see it.
Ah, I see. Only friends with Tom can see that then.
yay me! :D
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Thanks for your kind words about the video, folks. Glad you liked it!
Keening_Product wrote:Very nice video, Flaose! My only criticism would be KD was also ported to Linux and Mac ;)
Ah, true. I'm going to blame that mistake on the rush job :)
Keening_Product wrote:If you're keen on doing another Keen video (hurr hurr), you should do one on the history of modding the game... though that might be too niche for your audience.
My audience is pretty small, so they're already niche to begin with :D. I like the idea! I may very well do that...someday...
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Same audience as last video, right? With mods out there like Terror From Outer Space, uTUiT trilogy, Roib, and other mods that look even better than the original games, wouldn't any and every Keen fan be interested? Maybe a lot of Keen fans don't know about modding. Imagine discovering a set of brand new Keen games are out there just begging to be played! And even more mods coming down the pipeline! Suburb Shens, Vool, Atrox, Ocflore! A history of modding, showing off the death-defying technological advancements and thereby showcasing many of the most well-received mods!
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

troublesomekeen wrote:Same audience as last video, right? With mods out there like Terror From Outer Space, uTUiT trilogy, Roib, and other mods that look even better than the original games, wouldn't any and every Keen fan be interested? Maybe a lot of Keen fans don't know about modding. Imagine discovering a set of brand new Keen games are out there just begging to be played! And even more mods coming down the pipeline! Suburb Shens, Vool, Atrox, Ocflore! A history of modding, showing off the death-defying technological advancements and thereby showcasing many of the most well-received mods!
I didn't Knew about Commander Keen modding before May...

I don't recall who or where it was, but someone mentioned "The Universe is Toast" Mod series, it might have been LGR, or a guest on the "Co-optional podcast"...
I don't know why i did not look for Mods for games older then Doom...
as i have been using several mods for Doom and several source-engines for Doom, Heretic and Hexen through the years.

But i think one of the issues is that many people are not interested in mods, or think mods are little more then 3rd party junk...
even my siblings and friends, Although interested in what I'm tinkering with.
yet only a 7th part of them (that play games on PC) have used mods more then once.
But it is pretty much down to: Warcraft III & Starcraft II custom maps, and Minecraft mods.
The Difference Between a Mod and Fan art?, a Fan art is a Concept and a Mod is that Concept put into life.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Happy belated 25th of Keen