Finishing some very old abandoned levels?

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
SupFanat
Vortininja

Finishing some very old abandoned levels?

Post by SupFanat »

Would someone like to download some old levelpack, finish any incomplete levels and upload the edited version?

I don't know how to reach some useful balance of different objects. I mean the right ratio between ammo and enemies, the right ratio between necessary and optional areas in levels.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

For which keen more exactly? And this section of the forum is the wrong one for this.
SupFanat
Vortininja

Post by SupFanat »

wiivn wrote:For which keen more exactly? And this section of the forum is the wrong one for this.
For any Keen.
What's the right section of forum?
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Wait whaat? You want to download a level pack for any keen or you will provide a download link to your level pack(s), so others will finish them for you?
SupFanat
Vortininja

Post by SupFanat »

There's an example for one mod.
http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Adventu ... Megarocket
Though GARGapplesauce has likely abandoned the mod, Gridlock has expressed interest in overhauling and finishing it.
Is this case unique?
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Ah, now I see what you're talking about.

Gridlock would most likely never finish this since he doesn't have time and when he does, he is working on Atroxian Realm.

It's very rare when someone decides to take an abandoned/old mod and finish it/polish it.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I'm tempted to finish The Second Biggest Sandwich I ever saw, as it's apparent Gargapplesauce isn't coming back.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

All the abandoned mods must be finished at all costs, especially the ones with the most potential. The Second Biggest Sandwich is a great choice. *waves K flag* :crazy
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
SupFanat
Vortininja

Post by SupFanat »

troublesomekeen wrote:All the abandoned mods must be finished at all costs, especially the ones with the most potential. The Second Biggest Sandwich is a great choice. *waves K flag* :crazy
The levelset KeenMark was well intended but never finished.
I think, a screenshot of some level for Commander Keen 5 was published in September 2004 but the level itself was never released. The worst case of interesting but incomplete level is the Miragia level (9) in that levelset.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

The BWB probably wouldn't take too much effort to release as a mostly-space mod. I could probably do it, but I think it'd be best to be part of an overhaul group.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Who will step in and finish Rule of a Yorp's Dinner?

How about Mystery of Isis II? Anyone??
SupFanat
Vortininja

Post by SupFanat »

What about KeenMark?
The Miragia level was never finished (but at least BwB Megarocket and Border Village).
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I don't know most of these, but I bet a small group of eager Keeners could tackle all of them sequentially.

If it's just levels that need doing, well I can handle that. (Don't expect grade A quality though.)
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.