indiegogo campaign to get Keen Dreams released legally!

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
dopefishing
Vortininja

indiegogo campaign to get Keen Dreams released legally!

Post by dopefishing »

Here´s something interesting:

http://igg.me/at/keen

It's an indiegogo campaign to get the Lost Keen episode, Keen Dreams, released legally and on digital stores like Steam and GOG! I'll contribute! If we all the Keen community contribute I think it's a great opportunity to get Keen Dreams finally legit!
Last edited by dopefishing on Sun May 25, 2014 15:59, edited 2 times in total.
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

Keen Dreams' current publisher is interested in transferring the rights to the episode, and I've been in talks with them to get it done. The asking cost is $1500 to get Keen Dreams re-released digitally and legally across major digital stores.
Does anyone know if these claims are legit? If so, this would seem a good (almost too good to be true) opportunity.
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086
dopefishing
Vortininja

Post by dopefishing »

It is legit. I spoke with the current rights holder, the guy at Flat Rock Software, about it. If you would like to acquire the rights yourself, you could do it. :)
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Got any links to an official website or something discussing this campaign?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
dopefishing
Vortininja

Post by dopefishing »

Keening_Product wrote:Got any links to an official website or something discussing this campaign?
Just the indiegogo campaign description itself. I think it's pretty self-explanatory. I could provide you the emails I got from Flat Rock. Are you worried it's a scam?
Lunick
Vortininja

Post by Lunick »

I think this is something Night Dive Studios should get onto. $1500 is pretty low cost which makes me think the Android port didn't do so well.
Lunick is Here
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I don't see the why in this. I mean at the moment keen dreams is shareware and always was, so I could always legally copy it and use it. What benefit would I have from a re-release telling me to pay say 1,99 if it's cheap for the same program? Or are you only speaking of iOS devices?
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

$20USD
raised of $1,500 goal

Yeah right.
dopefishing
Vortininja

Post by dopefishing »

Lunick wrote:I think this is something Night Dive Studios should get onto. $1500 is pretty low cost which makes me think the Android port didn't do so well.
Yea, sure, and they would make it steam-only and charge 10$ for it. Of course they should get onto it.
dopefishing
Vortininja

Post by dopefishing »

tulip wrote:I don't see the why in this. I mean at the moment keen dreams is shareware and always was, so I could always legally copy it and use it. What benefit would I have from a re-release telling me to pay say 1,99 if it's cheap for the same program? Or are you only speaking of iOS devices?
This campaign is about getting the Registered release, which is not a free download, a legal download again. See this:

http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Keen_Dreams_Versions

There's a difference between the shareware and the registered release.
Lunick
Vortininja

Post by Lunick »

dopefishing wrote:
Lunick wrote:I think this is something Night Dive Studios should get onto. $1500 is pretty low cost which makes me think the Android port didn't do so well.
Yea, sure, and they would make it steam-only and charge 10$ for it. Of course they should get onto it.
http://www.gog.com/game/system_shock_2

Developer / Publisher:Irrational Games and Looking Glass / Night Dive Studios

Careful before opening your mouth :lol
Lunick is Here
Lunick
Vortininja

Post by Lunick »

Double post but:

I just got an email back from Richard of Flat Rock software and he tells me that he is in talks with a company at the moment but cannot verify this IndieGoGo project for me because he is not sure if they are from the same company.
Lunick is Here
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Re: indiegogo campaign to get Keen Dreams released legally!

Post by DHeadshot »

dopefishing wrote:It's an indiegogo campaign to get Keen 6 Keen Dreams, released legally and on digital stores like Steam and GOG! I'll contribute! If we all the Keen community contribute I think it's a great opportunity to get Keen 6 finally legit!
Can I get clarification here? Are you talking about Keen 6 or Keen Dreams? They're different games...
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
dopefishing
Vortininja

Post by dopefishing »

I think it's Keen Dreams.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

It would be cool to see Keen Dreams re-released.

Then again, it would be 3 times as cool to see Keen 6 re-released, as that's been my favourite Keen episode since childhood. :p