Commander Keen 6 not to get legally?

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

John Romero is currently selling a 5.25" floppy version of Keen 6. Things have gotten a little expensive: http://www.ebay.com/itm/id-Softwares-19 ... 3f4dbbed75
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Wish I have some additional 1000+ to buy it! But why is he selling it? :confused
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Let's GoFundMe a campaign to buy it! :dopefish
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

troublesomekeen wrote:Let's GoFundMe a campaign to buy it! Dopefish
Hmmm interesting. Why would the PCKF collaboratively buy it?... unless...well, why don't we establish a Commander Keen Museum? It would have to be somewhere near the original id software premises in Texas or Louisiana.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Everyone knows that TSK is the last minute saviour of GoFundMe campaigns :lol
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
captaintrips
Grunt

Post by captaintrips »

Benvolio wrote:
troublesomekeen wrote:Let's GoFundMe a campaign to buy it! Dopefish
Hmmm interesting. Why would the PCKF collaboratively buy it?... unless...well, why don't we establish a Commander Keen Museum? It would have to be somewhere near the original id software premises in Texas or Louisiana.
There's a huge video game arts museum opening just a little ways from id's old Plano office very soon!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

troublesomekeen wrote:Let's GoFundMe a campaign to buy it! :dopefish
Don't you think we, as the most active keen community on Earth, deserve it the most? Its unfair to us. John should have let us know first at least. Now someone who we don't even know will buy it and that will be it.
captaintrips
Grunt

Post by captaintrips »

wiivn wrote:
troublesomekeen wrote:Let's GoFundMe a campaign to buy it! :dopefish
Don't you think we, as the most active keen community on Earth, deserve it the most? Its unfair to us. John should have let us know first at least. Now someone who we don't even know will buy it and that will be it.
I am currently the highest bidder.
http://s8.postimg.org/ucafb9c0l/Screens ... _31_42.png

I collect many things of Id softwares history. MANY things. most of them extremely difficult to obtain... almost all new and signed, such as this gem.

I treat these items as they are ancient relics of gaming histories past that must be safeguarded and protected at all times. I treat them as that I do not own, that Noone owns them, them but I watch over them until I can find a suitable place for their safe keeping, where everyone can enjoy and view them without worry of damage, theft or destruction.

I plan on donating this collection to the video game arts museum for such safekeeping someday on public display, so long as I see they are capable of maintaining these irreplaceable masterpieces. my biggest fear is it ends up being some fly by night or mismanaged operation that does more harm than good with such items.

Should I win it, I will donate to the museum under the name of this forum and it's members.

don't be so quick to judge those you do not know, wiivn :)
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Cool. Would be nice to have but I don't have any extra money. It's good to hear that it'll go to a good home, though. :)
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Well, that would be awesome captaintrips!
captaintrips
Grunt

Post by captaintrips »

I'll share some pictures of the collection thus far in a couple days, some of them are still out getting signatures, so I'll wait for those items to return before posting shots :)